The Monster Dungeon Forum Index

<  Introduce Yourself  ~  me

Lord_Ice_Wind
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Hatchling Joined: 23 Aug 2008 Posts: 8
Yup this be James, renegade and lone wolf Razz melodramatic I know but hey that's what this is for ya? anyhooo, me- male 26 living in Florida tattooed, no piercing I work in law enforcement I I do too much hand to hand combat training to be foolish enough to have bits of metal hanging out of me. As for tattoos, I have a shoulder piece on my right shoulder, a portal looking into devouring madness, and on my chest I have the start of a mural that Christie is working on. kind of hoping she becomes a tattoo artist so she can do all the work for it:-D it'd be bad ass.
so what do I do, I'm a Corrections Officer for the state of Florida, my usual post, the psych ward, so ya I see/hear a whole bunch of strange shit all day(well night for me, I work night shift)long. outside of work I practice the arts martial.
For the past year I've been studying Krav Maga, but I think I may change styles due to financial/change of scenery reasons and take up practicing Systema instead which is one of the combat arts the russian Spetnaz utilizes. I enjoy taking battle field arts due to their more than less instant applicability. The Krav Maga appeals to me because of the sheer brutality you take to the fight to take the enemy down hard and fast and the cardio work out that goes with the practice. The Systema is growing on my because of the fluidity and the concept behind it so I may just drop the Krav Maga and switch to Systema and if I get homesick for the Krav Maga I'll go back to it. However if I do that and go to Systema I'm going to have to make sure I get my cardio in once a week near religiously lol.
Friends and family, well my family is crazy lol in a good way and I've known Christie for just shy of a decade so yup never let me down and has been there through thick and thin( shameless plug about the admin I know but I'm hopping to get advanced credit good will with the admin) and she's my BFF (aww) hhmmm other than writing, RPG'ing (larp, tabletop, video) and a almost addiction to reading ask and i may have an answer, quality/coherency all depends on the level of sleep deprivation.

~James

tired of wishing for the rain to wash it all away and keep the skies leaden and gray, the only sound raindrops hitting concrete, the only sight washed out clouds washing away the world with rain that doesn't cleanse
AdionaArtist
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Wyrmling Joined: 05 Aug 2008 Posts: 11
Hi James! Glad to see you are alive and well and on these forums with all of us who know and love Cavanoskus' scarier self. I am still in shock that you went from being a wonderful chef to a prison guard, but hey, whatever, I am always proud of you and grateful that you are Christie's friend thru thick and thin. You are there for her and it means so much to me.
I am working on getting her to move back down to Florida next year, so be sure to help me out with this mission!
Keep up the good work and stay in touch,

Love
Donna Very Happy
Lord_Ice_Wind
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:52 am Reply with quote
I am not a prison guard. I have been certified by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement as a State Law Enforcement Officer in the Florida Department of Corrections. I am a Corrections Officer serving honourably for the past year at Charlotte Correctional Institution.

~James

ps- I still cook, just not in the commercial industry Laughing and as for her coming back she always has a place to stay, even if I have to sleep on the couch. Cool

tired of wishing for the rain to wash it all away and keep the skies leaden and gray, the only sound raindrops hitting concrete, the only sight washed out clouds washing away the world with rain that doesn't cleanse
Cavanoskus
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Mistress of the Realm Joined: 24 Jul 2003 Posts: 22 Location: Davie, FL
Quote:
I am not a prison guard. I have been certified by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement as a State Law Enforcement Officer in the Florida Department of Corrections. I am a Corrections Officer serving honourably for the past year at Charlotte Correctional Institution.

I take it there's a pretty big difference? I don't know how these things work. I know you have a lot of qualifications but I was never clear on what you were able to do before you got your badge as opposed to what you can do with one. Care to enlighten me?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lord_Ice_Wind
Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:05 am Reply with quote
ya had to go through over 3 months of academy and pass the state law enforcement exam on top of the job(to some extent before the academy, more akin to jumping in feet first) training to be a certified law enforcement Corrections Officer and I still train on my own taking private lessons in the arts martial and working out once a week on my own. I now am working on my concealed weapons permit since it's slightly easing for me since I'm in law enforcement.

~James

confusionlove
Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Hatchling Joined: 23 Aug 2008 Posts: 9 Location: NJ, USA
but what do the certifications actually mean? more money? lol
Lord_Ice_Wind
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:40 am Reply with quote
aye, more money being a certified officer, ability to work more posts, carrying a badge, options for advancement...

~James

Cavanoskus
Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:38 am Reply with quote
Mistress of the Realm Joined: 24 Jul 2003 Posts: 22 Location: Davie, FL
And he gets all the chicks! ...Right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lord_Ice_Wind
Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:20 am Reply with quote
I wish that were the case lol

~James